This year I am publishing my 2012 goals for the World to see not that anyone reads my blog. I am doing this because publishing goals is supposed to be a great method to ensure you actually try to meet your goals.
I tried to keep the number down to 7 which is supposedly all one person can keep track. However, I ended up with 11, but I could not choose 3 to throw away. Since the last two are more like resolutions than goals feel I don’t feel bad about signing up for 11. I will visit them from time to time with a blog post and next Christmas season will post a year end – how did I do.
2012 goals in no particular order:
- Get completely out of debt – pay off the house and the Acura TSX.
- Lose weight – weighed 228.5 on January 1. Goal is to weigh less than 215.
- Go back to school – never quit learning. Register at CCCC and take a class.
- Volunteer – Sign up for and perform some form of community service.
- Post to my blog at least once a month.
- Travel – take at least 3 vacations and and go somewhere.
- Learn PHP and do a project.
- Makeover the garage.
- Participate in 3 bicycle rallies including the HHH.
- Cut the stress – work fewer hours, get more sleep, exercise. This one is pretty vague.
- Spend more time with family and friends. This one is also pretty vague and may be hard to quantify.
January 8 Update: Added do 3 bicycle rallies and exercise in the gym 3 times a week. Adding is okay
January 27 Update: Removed exercise 3 times a week in the gym. This is really a sub-goal of 2 and 10.