Yesterday I listened to: Muddy Waters, Jack White, Building 529, Concert at Calico Flats, and Vivaldi. It was a typical day. What kind of music to I like? Turns out just about anything that sounds good. I even like some hip hop as long I can’t understand the words.
A few years ago I sat down and wrote down my top ten favorite music list off the top of my head in under five minutes. Every once in a while I go back and update it. Here’s my current list updated this morning:
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow – Izzy – Youngest daughter’s wedding (tie)
- True Companion – Marc Cohn – Oldest daughter’s wedding (tie)
- Desolation Row – Bob Dylan – Turned me on to music as a message
- 9th Symphony – Beethoven – Turned me on to classical music
- Four Seasons – Vivaldi – I just love it – 1st time I heard is was driving State College to Baltimore and it made me forget all the stress, cares, and worries of work and life, mostly work
- The Perfect Country and Western Song – David Allen Coe – because it is the perfect county and western song
- Sounds of Silence – Simon and Garfunkel – this was the song I had to explain to Gwen when we were taking a class a TCJC and had to write a paper explaining it
- A Day in the Life – Beatles – revolutionary song on a revolutionary album (Dr. Pepper). You can’t have a top 10 without the Beatles
- Oceans by Hillsong UNITED. The part where she takes off and just makes noise. Also Oceans by Pearl Jam is darn good.
- I’m a Man – Quicksilver Messenger Service – best guitars ever only Jessica by The Almond Brothers comes close in my opinion. This version of I’m a Man is the best even better than the original by Bo Diddley
Footnote: No Blues in the list even though I currently listen toBlues more than any other genre. Seems strange, right now I can’t imagine removing any of the above from the list.